View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
For myself it is no problem getting a plate for my Nambotin. My bike came in the crate with signal lights, switch gear, horn, DOT tires, a 40 tooth rear sprocket, and an alternate pipe with a pollution pump.
We do not have emissions testing out here, and insurance is based purely on engine size. Everything under 400cc cost $270 for 12 months. Anything over 400cc cost $960 for 12 months. Whether it's a dirt bike or a Harley.
Where in Saskatchewan are you? I didn't think there were other GG enduro riders out here. I know of a few GG trials riders. I'd love to hit the trails with you some time. I do most of my riding in the forest south of Prince Albert.

I've heard a mixed bag with people getting dirtbikes plated here. Some people have no problems, other people can't. Even with the same model bike, same model year.

There is a difference in price between plates for a cruiser and a sportbike in Saskatchewan. My two sportbikes are each $1441 per year, and that is with my 8% safe driver discount. I wish they were only $960...