View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 PM

I got the chest protector on Tuesday night. It is a Leatt, with a Leatt Instruction and Warranty booklet and Leatt embossed logos.It is a serious piece of armor with excellent adjustability. I like it a lot.

However, after about two hours of adjusting and fitting, I can't get my Alpinestars brace positioned where I am 100% comfortable but be aware that I am very picky. The protector has front and rear insert slots for your brace. The manual shows that you can place your neck brace on top of these slots/inserts or into the slots/inserts.

The Alpinestars brace will fit on top on each slot/insert and it will fit into each slot/insert, except it will only go down about halfway into the rear slot/insert.

The slot/inserts each have a couple of screws but they are not removable because they are sewn together with the frame.

At this point, I like the chest protector and the great flank and arm protection so much that I think I will buy a Leatt 5.5 gpx or a 6.5 gpx neck brace.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar