Thread: Mental block
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Mine wasn't so much a mental block but "lack of wanna". In 2015 I raced every race I could find within 4 hours of me and trail rode on the few weekends there wasn't a race. At the end of the year I had racked up almost 30 races and 125 hours on my bike. At the start of the 2016 season I found myself not caring one bit how I finished in a race and more often then not about halfway through the race I would just pull off and say "it wasn't fun so I quit". Also during trail rides I found myself in the back of the pack just meandering along and counting down the time until we got back to the truck. Then in August of last year I raced the Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro and my passion for dirt bikes was reignited but I had a totally different riding interest. I now love the hard stuff and could careless about racing an xc race on beat up quad trails. I am back to riding as much as possible and on Mondays I'm already looking forward to next weekends ride. I find myself in the gym and eating better again now too. This year my focus will be on the few extreme races we have in the states and as many gnarly trail rides as I can put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk