View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin04 View Post
So your saying that the gasket could just be gone completely, instead of starting to blow with no bubbles in the radiator?No No What gets me is my oil when it's drained is totally fine, and it ONLY smokes on occasion and when I try and start cold. It looks like blue smoke sometimes too?

I mean how easily can a head gasket be blown? easliy enough my 2008 was replaced under warranty and 2 year later it gone again, i run coolant doesnt everyone?I've always kept lots of coolant in my radiators and made sure they weren't plugged up from anything. Plus I thought the gasser 4 strokes usually run cooler than others? whoever told you that is full of shit
I have already gotten my valves check and adjusted from the shop earlier this year and they investigated my head and said it looked fine, but who knows how "well" they looked and what not. Especially since it started spooging out the white gunk the ride right after I got it back from them

Anyways I might take it in again to a different local shop and have them do some investigating since I don't have much time to look at it further. Any other thoughts let me know.

Thanks guys,

Crankin04
IF there is NO bubbles in the rads the Head gasket is mostly likely ok , as soon as the gasket starts to leak, you will see bubbles in the rads.

You got your valves Checked, what did you get checked?? did they do a leakdown test?? if they did not remove the exhuast and carb/efi they did not do a leak down test. if your valves leak gases past them it Will Be Hard To Start.

Blue smoke is a sign of a warn out motor same as a car, could be piston/rings etc.