View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
yep had a bad day on the last post, sorry for that.

The white goo could be normal it depends on your eviroment, as your bike cools down after a ride it sucks in a bit of moisture from the surrounding enviroment and then it condenses in the head/ rocker cover, when you start the bike up the moisture is released back though the breather hose, if your in a dry enviroment it must be something else. Continued hard starting is generaly low compression,valves leaking, head gasket leak, poor sealing of the rings etc.
No problem, thanks for letting me know about the bad day...

Well as of now, I used this stuff called Solv-tec K-Seal that is supposed to permanentaly fix small to medium sized leaks in the head, cylindar, head gasket, water pump seals, etc., and their is now no white smoke coming from my tail pipe or exahaust. BUT everytime I start my bike up a little white smoke is coming from my breather tube, then goes away once it's idling, and their's still gunk coming out of it after riding hard (it looks like a light-greenish white oil mix, instead of completely white or coffee colored or dark). I am not loosing coolant and it is not contaminated.

Would I be able to tell of some things if I take my valve cover off and look down in it?

On a good not, my bike is now officially NOT A HARD TO START BIKE anymore (knock on wood). It will start within 2 - 3 e-start revolutions everytime.

On the other hand, I drained my oil yesterday after about 100 miles on it, and it was not super dark black, but was pretty dark looking, instead of the honey type look. After that many miles is that normal? is my fuel trim set to burn too rich?

Thanks for help...

Crankin04