View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

When my son Zachary and I were riding at Cumberland Mountain in TN when he was about 7 years old, an emu ran in front of us. Zachary was leading and when he saw the emu, he stopped and stared for a minute or so and then signaled for me to pull up beside him. When I got up to him he asked "Dad....was that a big turkey?"

When I was 14 or so, I was riding my 1973 Honda XR75 on the paper company property behind our farm in south GA. I came around a corner on an old logging road and noticed a man on the side of the road. He had a jug of moonshine in his right hand and his left arm was wrapped around the neck of a coon dog sitting beside him. I don't know if he was sharing the 'shine with the dog.

I was riding an enduro in GA in the mid 70s with Ted, Bob and a friend of Ted's named Glenn. We went into the first woods section and Ted was leading, Glenn was next and then me. Ted caught a vine on his handlebar. The vine was wrapped around a big dead limb in an oak tree which broke when Ted hit the vine. The big limb came down and cleaned Glenn off of the bike. Glenn told him about it later but Ted didn't believe him. I was a witness to the whole thing.