View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM

My bike has developed a rattle in the last couple of months (06 EC300) and i am pretty sure its due for a top end job. I replaced the pipe o-rings to try and stop the rattle, didn't help. I have gone all over the bike with it running trying to find something loose- pipe, skid plate, etc.- can't find anything. Some say the new top end will get rid of the rattle. I came across this thread and have read it through twice and went out in the garage several times to look at the parts on my bike. My actuator plate is fully against the allen head stop bolt. I can roll it off the stop bolt without much force (I also read I should not be doing that, hope nothing fell out, i did not hear anything drop in there- read that part later on...). If it were off the stop bolt this would be a clear cut solution but as it is I am not sure its needs adjustment, $30 something in side case gaskets to open it up and make sure. I can reach in the exhaust opening and in any position the pv itself has some slight wiggle to it. I just can't sense much "slackness" in the actuator. I can't run the bike to see what it does running because its partly torn down getting ready for a top end. The arm is centered in the hole, no problem with that, its is not hitting the sides anyplace. Not sure what to do. I'll try to put up a pic of the mech at rest as it sits right now... Any advice?