View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 02:35 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
I love gas gas as well...but sorry your figures are out to lunch..im not talking advertised weight...lol..they all exaggerate that...hec yamaha claimed the yz 125 weighed like 189....when it's like 201..beta was horrible at there figures...im not dishing the gasser...but and xc will weigh 232-233 dry...no fuel...a te husky will weigh right at 227 and a tx 300 I assure u will weigh 219....no bs...facts and u can research it...i applaud ktm husky for being close ..pretty much all of there motocross and enduro bikes are only approximately 2 pounds off of there advertised weight...all modern bikes with proper setup will handle fairly well..the g asser vibrates alot more ...as does a beta or anything without a counter balancer...as you get older..the extra heft..12 or 13 pounds and vibration take a toll on performance of the driver...if your younger more power to ya..im not saying the suspension is better on one or the other...call any reputable dealer that sells both husky and gas gas...(trust me if your buddies with them they will have weighed them )....somebody who knows anything chime in and end this hilarious notion that a tx 300 weighs the same as a gas gas xc 250 or 300...on dirt bikes accurate scale the 17 or 18 tx 300 weighed in at a rounded up figure of 220 ready to ride no fuel...the 19 tx 300 gets a 10 ounce lighter silencer and lighter subframe for a max weight ready to ride no fuel 219...ha check your facts ...also look at dirt bike or dirt rider for the 232 -233 gas gas weight..or like I said a good dealer who sells both and don't bs..but I get it I dig the gas gas but extra heft and no counter balancer...equal no sale..
ok then....
You've read the brochures and checked the magazines... I've actually weighed the bikes. But I'll believe you.