View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanian View Post
I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers. I'm just repeating what Jd said. I'm sure you have much more experience with these bikes, but James or whatever seemed pretty sure. I'll leave the 180 40 jets in there for now and see how it runs. Thanks a bunch though, you have been a lot of help.
Sorry if I came across a bit rude or abrupt. I'd just hate to see you jump in a race with a 170 main and have it nip up on you. While JD may have sounded pretty sure I'm not so sure he'd be up for replacing your top end in the event of a failure.

By all means have a go at tapering your main down to a size that you're happy with. Jumping from a 180 to a 170 is asking for trouble though. Again just my opinion.

Today with things heating up I switched out my 40 N3CW#3 175 to 40 N3CJ#3 175. The bike still has enough torque to pull 2nd gear up a decent technical hill in 2nd gear off the bottom end, but has picked up some snap where it was feeling a bit wet. I'm only at 1 turn out on the AS. Runs like a champ!