View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes, it was fun and surely family style
Our family had one rider (me) while my wife and daughter sold coffee, cakes, soft drinks etc. My sons were attending the track, repairing as needed while the event was going on. The grandkids ran around and everybody was having a good time.

Family style, but the level of the competitors is very good for a club race.

The winner of the race is Anders Becker Johansen aka "Beckern", Norway's best extreme enduro rider. He finished 3rd overall in the European extreme championship this year (and 2nd last year).
The owner of the house where it all happened, ?ystein Kj?rstad, finished 2nd overall. He is one of the best enduro riders in Norway, and a previous FMX pro.
The guy in the third place, P?l Anders Ullev?lseter, is a former Dakar racer, his best result was 2nd overall in 2010. He won the Africa Race this year.

Lots of spectators from the neighborhood, ages ranging from at least 75 down to babies.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc