View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM

I wore a pair of Asterix braces for years. I rebuilt them a number of times. I stopped wearing them after reading that knee braces don't do much to prevent injury.

Last summer I was not wearing knee braces and twisted my knee badly when riding.

Then I became motivated to wear knee braces again.

I pulled out my well used Asterix braces which were still structurally sound. I put them on with my boots and put my foot in the same twisting motion that injured my knee. The Asterix braces did very little to prevent the twisting motion that hurt my knee.

Not satisfied, I purchased the EVS Web knee brace and did a back to back compare while twisting my foot just like I injured it. The EVS Web was far superior to the Asterix at preventing the twisting motion as felt by my tender knee. With the Asterix I could feel significant pain due to the twisting. With the EVS Web there was very little twisting of the knee and very little pain.

Later when my knee was improved, but still not full strength, I twisted it twice while riding in a very similar manner to how I originally hurt it. The braces prevented twisting and pain. I am big fan of the EVS Web knee braces.