Thread: gasser 125
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEV View Post
couldn't find much using search, but has anyone ridden the GG 125? My son will all too soon be out-growing his 85 pumpkin. I don't really want to get him on a snappy bike but something smooth. We ride mostly in the woods. After 37 years of riding or racing I've never ridden a 125 so I need some input. Thanks.
I have a 2011 125 Six Days. It has been an adventure in setting it up due to the lack of knowledge on the little bike. There haven't been that many brought into the states over the years. The GG125 lacks on the bottom end department if you compare it to a late model YZ125 but everywhere else the GG125 is faster. I have yet to ride a 125 of any color that you would call "smooth" in the power department. They all come onto the pipe pretty hard. Brett at The Race Shop in Georgia and myself have shared every trick we can on this bike (Brett owns one as well) and we are pretty close to having the bike where it needs to be. We have "unlocked" the powervalve, plugged in the ignition wire, jetted and re-jetted the carb, messed with gearing and I think he has an idea to add some preload to the powervalve thru shock shims to make it open a bit later (giving the bike more bottom end power). I am about to take the plunge into the Athena 144 kit - it should be the same cylinder and such as a 2000 YZ125.

I have really enjoyed my 125 and I know that it has made me a better rider. Let me know if you have any questions.