View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:44 PM

Next ride review...

Did a camp and ride this weekend so rode it two days back to back. Buddy with a decked out 2017 TE300 was along for the ride and very keen to try the GG. We swapped. Here are my feeling and this was echoed by the TE owner. The GG does not feel heavier. They feel about the same. No one has rode the GG and mentioned anything about weight. It feels as light as any other 250-300 I have ridden and that's many bikes, in fact I've ridden almost everything but a new Sherco or TM. Weight is not a factor. The TE has a smoother engine wise but not a lot, the GG is smooth too. Smoother than a Beta and much smoother than a YZ. Its 100% acceptable. We both strongly agreed the GG has a much stronger engine than the TE300 or Beta 300. More beef on the bottom and feels like a super refined big bore. It lug so freaking low and rev out so well the TE owner (mid pack A class guy) said it needs like 2 gears it is so flexible. The GG handles more sure footed, feels more planted and does not hunt around on the trail like the TE can. Goes right where you point it and does so with no need to chase it around. Much less lively feeling than the TE. Just goes where you point it with no drama or extra input needed.

My TE -v- GG feelings echo his. Ken has his TE stup well, correct springs etc.
The TE is slightly smoother motor wise
The TE handles rocks better as it is softer
The TE has a good bit less power
The TE takes more input to keep in line handling wise
The TE is sorted with springs, jetting and some aftermarket goodies. The GG is 100% stock. IMHO the GG is slightly better bike overall. The GG motor is amazing, very powerful but very easy to control. The GG clutch is super smooth and easy to use and the trans shifts crazy smooth too. This makes the GG a monster on the trails and climbs amazing. The GG is more planted and moves around a lot less than the TE and I find it easier to find and hold the line I want.

The TE is a great bike, the GG is too. The GG is my pick because of the handling and motor.

I am building a completely decked out 2018 TE250i, we will see how that stacks up.
- So many great bikes to sample these days. Do yourself a favor and ride the GG.