View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:06 PM

Default 2018 GP300 not starting / breaking kickstarters

Hi all

And greetings from Finland!

It was great to find an activ forum on GasGas. Already had great time reading through the posts.

This is my first post here and trust me, I?m going to give some head scratching for you guys

So I?ve had a GP300 for some time now, and only have been able to run five hours on the clock. Reason? The bike won?t start.

No, it is not ?it won?t crank? or ?it cranks but won?t start? kind of problem. It?s ?it barely turns over? and ?it eats up kick starters like bread? kind of problem.

When using starter it has real hard time making one revolution, like one rev per three seconds. I have changed new battery and leads to heavy gauge, and no difference.

When using kick starter there is a feeling like there would be real high compression. I have also broken three kick starters. They just give up and turn them selves over the cam when kicking. And trust me, I?m not a strong guy.

In the beginning the starter worked, slowly and loudly, but it could start the bike. But now it has no chance. The kick start works, but the last two kickers lasted few starts (the last one could take three kicks: one start, one failed attempt and on the third one it gave up).

Anyone had anything like this happening, ever?

The local importer is totally clueless. 😳