Thread: Best Stabilizer
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Top mount, I hate submounts and tall bars, like to get up over the front and read my own numberplate! I have long arms though so its comfy for me.

Flexxbars, 10 deg enduro bend with damper crossbars. Scotts damper on adjustable Fastway mount, because I wasn't sure which bar position I would like. I find I like the rear position on the '12, front position on the older bikes. Plus, rear position makes PFP and comp access much easier. I added two 1mm stainless shim washers under each bar mount in addition to the stock aluminum spacer to get my PFP adjusting tool on easy. The tower is my own design(strong) as discussed elsewhere and Scotts arm +10mm longer. The steel dust seal/cup is from the BRP tower and I added an oring under it for a good seal on the edge of the steering neck.

I love the setup. The '12 bike is VERY stable, and I find that the damper has an easy job. I run it full out on low speed which makes the high speed most effective, perfect if needed. Can't do that with a GPR or MotoSportz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120630_174747.jpg (112.8 KB, 59 views)