View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 AM

Hello.

About hanging idle. What is it specifically?

Does that idle speed, that drops low IS my real idle? And hanging idle - that high speed idle, that after i blip a throttle is going higher for certain period of time and then drops low (or do not) again? And to avoid so low idle i pushed to turn idle screw in to make it little higher on neutral (but it don't affect when im on clutch on gear and it drops).

If it's so, i tryed set idle screw in such position, that ilde remains low (as low as it drops on clutch) and after throttle blip idle not become higher, it just revs little with twist of throtte and right away drops to that condition as it was.

So if it is real idle from idle circuit i thought i can tune it by air screw and jet changing - it would become higher if i turn screw out (let more air) and lower to stall if i turn in (shut air). BUT... with this low idle if i turn it in - yes, it would stall when i reach the limit, but when i turn it out, idle speed does not rising, even when i turn that screw out of carb. It was on 38 pilot and same behaviour with 35 (when i switched to 35 jet i expected more higher idle because jet let less fuel, but it was same as with 38). My altitude is 0-300m sea level.

BUT when i turn idle screw 1/4 turn in (lift a slide) from my position when blips of throttle doesn't affect idle speed, idle increases a bit and after throttle blip it revving more than before (before it just drops to low as it was..) So i think this describe the condition of hanging idle, when it does not return to speed that was before throttle blip?..

And with this 1/4 turn increased, regulation of air screw is now giving some effect when turn in and out (revs rises and lowers little bit). [On clutch though, it drops anyway] But when i turn air screw in to 1/2-1/4 from max (closing air), revs drops immediatelly to very low. I don't get it... ((

PS. With 35 pilot, when i fully close air screw, engine remains working on very low revs, and doesn't stall - does that mean 35 jet is too lean for me? Blips of throttle was with such lag..delay.. i don't know maybe this is that you call bog?