Thread: Triple clamp ??
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 AM

Hi!

I have the opposite opinion about these Ohlins 46 forks from Cannondale. The biggest problem was to fit them properly on the ec250 ´98 first (for up to 07 model then it was a simple swap...at the end the whole 07 bike was stolen...).

I ended up paying extra for the axle and spacers from blackwidow.com, a new front wheel with disc from ebay, brake setup from a honda cr250 03 and 20mm offset clamps from protaper(ebay) for CR/CRF 2004. The honda stem is OK on the gasgas as long as you use the gasgas top bearing. The stock 24mm clamps from a crf are not good for enduro. I tried them first. The fork is easy to service and revalve the compression yourself as well as to change the springs. Search the forum for setup info on them. The quality is top as the other Ohlins forks and all parts are available from Ohlins (I needed some parts and all came fast from Sweden). The junk info that these are low quality forks was created because this liquidization damaged (or it was a threat) the Öhlins fork sales in the US. Plus negative feedback from the mags about the pro action valving, especially for off road.

I suggest to sell the Marzocchi setup and find the rest of the parts needed for a correct installation of the Ohlins on the gasgas. Especially if you plan to keep the bike for some time.