View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Default Newbie...just bought 2014 300R, need advice

Just bought a brand new 2014 300r 2 stroke. While I wait for delivery, I have some basic questions I am hoping the Gas Gas community can help me out with.

1) The recommendation is 50:1 oil mix (synthetic), anyone see an issue with this? Sounds about the same as most other 300's on the market.

2) Handle bars...I see they have a cross bar, but are they 7/8th or 1 1/8th? I use Zeta wrap around handguards and want to make sure I order the right ones.

3) Handle bars...are the base mounts adjustable on the top clamp? If so how many positions?

4) Footpegs...I see they are adjustable and I am kind of tall 5'11". Anyone run them in the lower position?

5) How many teeth come on the rear sprocket? Manual has different options

6) Transmission...the manual shows 2 available? Which one would the EC300R come with?

7) Gear Oil is recommended at 10w-30. That is very light for gear oil? I was thinking 75W

8) Does the hydraulic clutch use standard brake fluid (high temp of course)?

9) I thought I read the stock exhaust pipe on the 2014 is an FMF Gnarly?

10) Who makes a shorter aftermarket silencer without the spark arrestor?

11) How is stock jetting?

12) What kind of sag does the bikes like (100..105)?

13) What weight rider is the stock suspension set up for?

14) I notice the 300 has provisions for turn signals (switch on handle bars). If I bought some of those fancy led turn signals in the handguards, would they work?

Sorry for the massive blast, but this is probably just enough to get me started on the first ride.