View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrider View Post
Yes, just a little slower than the KTM300 and Christini AWD. The Christini system isn't cheap...

Most of those guys had already ridden the KTM and are use to it. I wonder what would have happened with a little more seat on the GG???
Actually, the score keeper must have transposed the results because Casseli was fastest through the endurocross on the KTM, then Jim Senecal six seconds behind on the GG then Jeff on the Christini KTM 36 seconds later. In all fairness though, Jeff Aaron was very fast but got a bad hop off a rock that slowed him down.

Another note about that test...I put the motor together at the very last minute before we drove to the event, with no time at all for testing. The first time the engine ran was when Jimmy Lewis jumped on it to do the drag and speed tests. The bike was so rich that it absolutely would not run on at all on the main, it just coughed and sputtered all the way down the track and suffered worst in the 3rd gear roll-on test. Considering that, we did very well against all the big 4 strokes at the test. I think we would have set the quickest standing-start times if not for the jetting.
As soon as we got the bike back, we dropped the needle, went down two main sizes and the bike RIPPED!!! It was kind of cool sitting in the pit area and watching all of the heads turn when the 300 went up the big Glen Helen hills on the pipe.

This year we will have time to do some testing before we turn the bike over to the wrecking crew.