Thread: '07 Mc 125
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Huskys are significantly taller than GGs, across the range of displacement, and have an overall bigger feel. They have their quirks but hold up well, my brother sill rides his '02 WR250 with the original lower end. Suspension is not as good stock either, at least up to '07 GG.

The GG 125 frame is different than the 200/250/300, basically in the cradle. Dimensionially its close but it is different. It wouldn't be accurate to compare my '07 250 to the '01 125. It also wouldn't be fair to compare the '01s weight to a new Husky or even new GG, but I can tell you that the GG 125 is tough just like the bigger bikes, and all of the chassis hardware is the same.

Before I bought my Duc, I was planning on getting a left over '07 MC125 and doing a woods conversion with a 144 kit. I talked to a lot of people about their Yamaha big bores, since the engines are somewhat close in design. Conclusion was a mixed bag with a fair amount of poor reliability reports. I know the stock bike is solid but I'd really have to spend more time on it in different conditions before I'm sure I'd like it as a 125. So that, and the fact that Dixie at the time was being stupid about the price on a non-current low demand bike, made me decide to forget it for the time being. I do think less is more though, and a smaller bike may be in my future.