Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 12-19-2015, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default We don't discriminate!

Few different makes and models on the trails this morning. The TE300 is ninja!

Punched out a nice solid loop and home not long after 10am. Good couple engine hours on the fresh top end. Was very noticeable, and allowed me to lean the pilot out a bit without it feeling flat/weak.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:35 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hmm, is that a 4stroke in the background? We don't serve that type around here.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 12-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Pumpkin 350exc.. CRF250X.. Berg FE390 hiding out of scene as well!

And EC250R, Beta 300RR, and Berg TE300.

Had to split the group and chase the clock due to other commitments. GG, Beta and KTM had a solid run home. FE390 was suffering some battery issues, and with no leg start option every mistake was costly in both time and efforts.

The Beta engine is quite the nice. Goobs of torque right off idle, nice and crisp, runs bloody good right out of the box. Everytime I throw a leg over someone elses 300 I'm reminded how much difference those 50ccs make. I still think I prefer the 250 though. Snap snap BRAP!
Old 12-21-2015, 12:35 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My preferred dealer lost the gg dealership and has gone to beta. Says they are like a lightweight gg. Smooth power maybe not as strong. He still wants gg back. Politics here.

I'd like to ride one. Had a Beta trials bike. Upgraded to a gg. Like another trials bike but with kids only one day in a weekend to ride. guess you find that too?
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 12-21-2015, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

I only took it for a quick spin.. maybe couple hundred metres into some singles and back, at a very casual pace.

Suspension felt very soft and plush.. understandably too as it's sprung a few rates softer than my GG. I don't know if how it would feel at full pace, but my mate has no issues keeping up from what I've seen so the boingers can't be too bad.

Ergo's were different to my 2013 model, shorter wheel base, tight little package. A little Yamaha'ish.. Probably somewhere between a pre 11 EC and a 12 onward.

Once he's scratched it up and got some battle scars on it I'll throw a leg again and see how it feels once you get into a rhythm. Initial thoughts were very comfortable though. Not alien like at all.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Looks like a great group Jake, nice cross section of manufacturers and engines

Only one pic from the day? I know - tough to stop and take pics when you're having so much fun...lol.

Rode through this last week (dual-sport ride), have a feeling we'll be searching lower elevations from now on - snow sucks on a dirt bike...lol.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

What's the issue with the snow (apart from being unbearably cold)?

Mate is the one who always remembers to take pics. He did snap a few more through the day but no GG shots as we had to split up to get home. Both ran the same loop but parted half way. I think we managed to get back around 2 hours quicker.

As F5 said, earlier.. with limited riding time have to try and balance the time you get with the rest of the family. Been doing quite well this last month though
Old 12-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
What's the issue with the snow (apart from being unbearably cold)?
It's mostly the rider...lol.

A couple inches isn't too bad, but we were in 8"+ and that made going pretty tough (especially without studded tires). Front end doesn't track for a damn and the back end likes to spin out sideways; usually at the same time and in opposite directions...lol.

I definitely understand the need for family balance, best part of some rides is coming home to my boys and awesome wife
Old 01-13-2016, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Snuck out again today in the company of the pumpkin. Not sure if its the couple weeks I've taken off, the limited calories I've consumed over the last couple of days, or the heat but I was done and dusted by the end of what is usually a casual loop.

Found myself sitting far too much and getting beat up by the suspension at both ends. Bikes definitely tuned to be pushed and not plodded.

One pic from earlier in the day playing around on a hill. Usually a clean 2nd gear on the piper, but current rain has laid a few ruts and exposed a few more roots.. momentum sappers. A few failed attempts initially but got the head around the lines and was cake walking it in the end.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Great shot !