Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:04 PM

Default cleaned petcock and now it won't run

moved from engine - 2stroke

So new to me 2011 300ec, the petcock was leaking, removed plastics, pulled the tank, removed and cleaned the petcock. Put it all back together and it started up no problems. Went for a ride to the end of the driveway and started coming back when it bogged down and stalled. Kicked it over a few times & nothing.
Thought i must have messed up the petcock, pulled the fuel line and it works no problem on/off/res. I drained the tank pulled the petcock & cleaned the filters again. Kicked & nothing. Plug is good, checked it multiple times.

Last night I pulled off the carb and the and cleaned the 2 jets(one was plugged Part#ME25690035, Part#ME25690182 was clear), put it together and it fired up no problems. To the the end of the driveway and it bogged & stalled half way back & i couldn't get it started. Parked it for the night to think about it.

Any thoughts? Just debris? i need to clean the carb and fuel line again & more thoroughly? The petcock has a metal disc inside between the spring and the diaphragm. There is an arrow on that disc. I had the arrow pointing down when i reassembled it. Fuel was flowing so I assumed it was correct. Maybe the arrow should point up?

I am new to this and I feel I am pretty much about at the limit of what my mechanical ability will let me get away with. All help appreciated.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernhammer View Post
moved from engine - 2stroke

So new to me 2011 300ec, the petcock was leaking, removed plastics, pulled the tank, removed and cleaned the petcock. Put it all back together and it started up no problems. Went for a ride to the end of the driveway and started coming back when it bogged down and stalled. Kicked it over a few times & nothing.
Thought i must have messed up the petcock, pulled the fuel line and it works no problem on/off/res. I drained the tank pulled the petcock & cleaned the filters again. Kicked & nothing. Plug is good, checked it multiple times.

Last night I pulled off the carb and the and cleaned the 2 jets(one was plugged Part#ME25690035, Part#ME25690182 was clear), put it together and it fired up no problems. To the the end of the driveway and it bogged & stalled half way back & i couldn't get it started. Parked it for the night to think about it.

Any thoughts? Just debris? i need to clean the carb and fuel line again & more thoroughly? The petcock has a metal disc inside between the spring and the diaphragm. There is an arrow on that disc. I had the arrow pointing down when i reassembled it. Fuel was flowing so I assumed it was correct. Maybe the arrow should point up?

I am new to this and I feel I am pretty much about at the limit of what my mechanical ability will let me get away with. All help appreciated.
Sounds like debris to me. I would clean the carb out very well and maybe replace the fuel line. It could be that the fuel line is breaking down at the end(s) and is sending debris into float bowl and jets. Make sure to run an inline fuel filter and when doing work that requires removal of carb or tank leave the fuel filter connected. IE. disconnect fuel line from petcock.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:51 PM

I pulled the carb and cleaned it again. The same jet was plugged. All back together now and running great. No inline filter because I didn't have one. Hopefully going out tomorrow so my fingers are crossed. Thanks for the advice
Old 06-17-2015, 06:19 PM

Inline filter

Sometimes they re to dirty and will let some gas through but not enough striving the carb.

Ends up stalling

had this happen to a costumers atv he had brought it in for a carb cleanup not telling us what it was doing...
The filter was clear and seemed nice
pulled the hose off the carb it would flow for a bit and after a while start to just dribble