Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Stiff clutchpull ?

Hi ,

My previous bike GG EC 200 - 03 had very light ( normal ) GG-type clutchpull compared to my GG EC 200 - 06 which is nearly new ( used 10 hrs ) .
Any ideas what can cause this stiffness ? too much oil in clutch reservoir ?
Tranny oil is ok and Ive checked the plates which are ok too ...
The bike has been un-used for 13 months and the plates were "sticked" together ( dried ) . I did open the clutch and separate the plates and oiled them , clutch is working normally except the heavy clutchpull ...

-Mikael-

Old 12-25-2007, 08:23 PM

I suggest you PM Cruiser if he does not read this and comment. His '03 250 has had this problem but I'm not sure if its resolved. He swapped out many components with no improvement. I think the latest thought was that there may be a problem with the pressure plate or basket studs causing too much preload on the springs.

If you remove the slave, compress the piston, and pull the lever, do you feel the additional resistance as the piston moves? This will tell you if its a master/slave issue or a clutch issue. FYI, the slave piston has a spring behind it and is not retained, it will fall out of the slave cylinder if not held in.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Hello Glenn ,

Thanks for your reply . I assume it should be inside the clutch itself and it do feels exactly like too heavy springs / preload and that feel shouldnt be possible caused by the "upper" system ...

-Mikael-
Old 12-26-2007, 04:26 PM

Well,,
I still have a stiffer than normal clutch, and I have replaced just about everything,, Still working on it,, just havent even ridden much this year,, bike was only out 4 times,,
Steve
Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder if you have a restriction in the clutch hose.
Possibly kinked from a crash. The outer sheath may look OK, but the internal lining may be damaged.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 AM

Girard,

On Steves bike we looked at everything. He swapped the entire hydraulic system from his other bike with the same results. Its bizarre, feels just like the springs are too stiff, not a hydraulic problem. It was like that from new. I think that there is a flaw in the basket/pressure plate machining that causes the springs to be preloaded too much when tightened down. Not much else left.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Glenn,, I think I should "borrow" Ernies bike for a weekend to swap parts back and forth to see once and for all whats the issue.. His is an 01? Who has your old 03?
Steve
Old 12-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Steve,

Ernie has my '00 XC250. Craig's buddy bought my '03 for his son. Not sure if an '07 clutch is exactly the same, seems like it though, have to check the part#s. This winter while I'm down I'll measure the parts, and we can swap anything suspect. Measure the spring preload, from when the washer just touches the spring to when its seated. Actually thats an M6 1mm pitch, so you can count the turns.