Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Default Hello.

Hello.

I've been trying to become a member of the website for several months- to no avail. I tried again the other day and everything went through! Hooray!

Having said that, as an introduction, I have a suspension shop here in Colorado. We've been doing a bunch of work with Scott Bright to develop the Marzocchis amongst other things.

Could someone direct me to whomever I need to talk to about being a sponsor? I think we have a lot to offer the Gas Gas community. (The Marzocchis *can* actually work with a little love.)

Thanks much.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I just wanted to let everyone know that Dave at STM Suspension helped me out a lot last week with a quick rebuild of Marzocchi forks for my 2007...He had the parts on hand and was able to turn it around for me in less than a day and had time to test the spring rate for me. I've had him revalve a set of Ohlins and KX KYBs for me but I've not had time to ride since they have been done but I'm sure they will work out great! In his shop there are a lot of street/dirt bikes, forks, and shocks...He's got springs and seals on hand for quick turnaround (he's an Ohlins dealer)...He also rides the last 2T KX 250 and sold me his VOR 400 and Aprilia Climber trials bike...He's a good guy so give him a shout if you need suspension work done!

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM Suspension View Post
Could someone direct me to whomever I need to talk to about being a sponsor?
Welcome aboard! Thanks for not giving up on the multiple sign-up attempts. I recall hearing Jeff (webmaster) explain that sometimes the spam filtering blocks some good members from getting through.

For sponsoring, Jeff Dunham is the person that you will want to contact. You can send him a PM using his "Webmaster" member name.

Please note that Jeff admins this site on a part-time basis (family, health, and work take priority). Just be patient since he may need a few days to respond to a question.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 PM

Yep welcome aboard.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Thanks much everyone.

I'll get in touch with Jeff.

Eric, thanks for the kind words. Your KX shock will be revlaved and sprung soon. We were in Moab riding for the Thanksgiving weekend...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 PM

welcome STM. why don't you tease us with a few particulars about your "love'in" on the zoke 45 forks. as you probably have read here, there are quite a few folks that are not really impressed by them. it's funny,because i have also heard that they are pretty well unchanged since 05/06 ish.I'm not sure why they fell off the "like" list when the 2011's came out?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Default Stm

I have worked with Dave in the past when I was road racing. The guy is REALLY good. Everyone who I have spoken with on the off-road stuff are raving about it. I would definitely hit him up. He even has a GasGas link on his website

RMEC #21A
RMXA #616

http://www.coloradoeuro.com/
http://www.foothillsbmw.com/Default.asp

MOTOADVENTURE / GasGas / NORTHERN COLORADO EURO / FOOTHILLS BMW-TRIUMPH / STM SUSPENSION / FLY / DP BRAKES / ENDURO ENGINEERING / REKLUSE / FMF
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
welcome STM. why don't you tease us with a few particulars about your "love'in" on the zoke 45 forks. as you probably have read here, there are quite a few folks that are not really impressed by them. it's funny,because i have also heard that they are pretty well unchanged since 05/06 ish.I'm not sure why they fell off the "like" list when the 2011's came out?
Well, honestly we do a lot. We make the pistons work like they're supposed to, we reduce a TON of stiction in the system, we make big changes to the compression shim stack, medium sized changes to the rebound stack, small changes to the mid valve, get the thing sprung correctly, and fill it with a fluid that actually helps things along.

My thought on the matter- well, all suspension actually- is that it needs to work together- smoothly. It needs to transition properly from the low speed to the high speed and be very smooth in the middle. Everything in the fork has a role to play and the trick is to get them all working together- which is what we try very hard to do.

Scott Bright is currently running version 2.2 and seems to be pretty happy about it.

Also- the Ohlins 8883 is a great platform- and can get a lot better with some valving and the proper spring.