Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM

Default michelin ac 10's

just a quickie about the michelin ac10s ive put on front and rear from dunlop d773 (i think thats what they were) any way the back ac10 is brilliant even in the deep stuff/ crappy wet weather however the front ac10 as i hear they are like marmite (love them or hate them) well i dont like marmite and i sure as hell cant get on with the ac10 front it just wants to tuck all the time not very confidence inspiring! and it will be coming off asap.. anyone else have anything to say on the matter? any recomendations for a good all round front? mainly riding muddy woods/ stubble fields and the occasional harder stuff like quarrys

Old 12-13-2011, 05:39 PM

AC-10 is good only in snow with 300 studs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitist View Post
just a quickie about the michelin ac10s ive put on front and rear from dunlop d773 (i think thats what they were) any way the back ac10 is brilliant even in the deep stuff/ crappy wet weather however the front ac10 as i hear they are like marmite (love them or hate them) well i dont like marmite and i sure as hell cant get on with the ac10 front it just wants to tuck all the time not very confidence inspiring! and it will be coming off asap.. anyone else have anything to say on the matter? any recomendations for a good all round front? mainly riding muddy woods/ stubble fields and the occasional harder stuff like quarrys

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 PM

I run a M12 in the front all a rounder or a S12 for sloppy or loamy conditions.

AC10's on the rear for the desert out here in Arizona. Works great with Tubliss, acts like a totally different tire without standard tubes.

If I head to the mountains such as Colorado...S12's front and rear. Tubliss makes them a dream, darn near trials tire like traction.

Quote:
mainly riding muddy woods/ stubble fields and the occasional harder stuff like quarrys
Sounds like, you need to run S12's F/R.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Mick,

S12's front and rear. Tubliss makes them a dream

Are you saying that you run a tubliss in the front, also? What kind of pressure?

I sure like the tubliss in the rear!

Jeff
Old 12-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
Mick,

S12's front and rear. Tubliss makes them a dream

Are you saying that you run a tubliss in the front, also? What kind of pressure?

I sure like the tubliss in the rear!

Jeff
14 psi front, 11 rear. I am 175 lbs without gear/near 200 lbs with.

It is pretty rocky out here, any lower in the front I smack the rim. (I am fairly aggressive rider) Still makes the tire hook up far better than conventional tubes. The S12's tend to skate around on the decomposed granite surfaces here, but with Tubliss not so...can actually get AC10's to hook up as well. Maxxis IT's are the tire of choice out here among many, but they chunk out and are sketchy. AC10 is a far better tire for the desert.

My front tends to leak down faster than the rear, I just check it every time before I ride. They are getting old maybe 3 years, might be time for a new set. I also run Stans tire sealant.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thanks, Mick. Good info.!

Jeff
Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 AM

I sell a lot of AC10s as they are legit street legal. We have a couple of areas up here where the coppers are just looking to bust someone with a street plated bike.

They arent as good as an S12 in the woods, but if you need the DOT stamp, they are a good choice.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
I sell a lot of AC10s as they are legit street legal. We have a couple of areas up here where the coppers are just looking to bust someone with a street plated bike.

They arent as good as an S12 in the woods, but if you need the DOT stamp, they are a good choice.
The AC10 is a great tire...hard to believe it is DOT legal with knobs like that.

Not that I would do such a thing, but I heard if you take a 4" grinder and buff off that "Off-Road USE ONLY" on those type of tires....you're golden.

Here in AZ they don't require DOT legal tires for vehicles under 400 lbs, or something like that.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
Thanks, Mick. Good info.!

Jeff
You're welcome.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:18 PM

cheers guys the last tyres on my gasser were the dunlop d773 which i think are discontinued now but i think they d a replacement for it.. these seemed alot better on the front anyway for what i ride on anyone had any experience with those?