Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Default What Will They Come Up With Next?

Looks like Husaberg guys read all the message boards...you want a 350....you got a 390....

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/131/43...irst-Ride.aspx

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 PM

thats pretty neat!
as much as i love my gasser, at times i miss my old xr350, just because it was like a lazyboy on wheels. big comfy seat, torque for as slow as you want, and power enough to wheelie at a moments notice.
i relaly want to get a closep up look at the now engine design, i like weird stuff, so its right op my alley!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 08-17-2009, 04:04 PM

That thing looks great. As does the 450. I'd really like to test ride that 390. I remember Speedy Maniac mentioning he rode an '09 450 with the new horizontal cylinder config and said it rode like his 250... I'm really sick of straightening bashed up expansions chambers...

There's no dealer in this state (MN) and maybe not even in any neighboring state. I also think I saw somewhere that none (or maybe one per dealer) were being sent to the US, but I could be mixing that up with the 570 supermoto...
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 08-17-2009, 04:15 PM

I have a really good buddy that had 2 03' 470's ( I think) or something Bergs....one he rode...the other was for parts...LOL!!! With that, I'd never own one.....but....I'm not ready to adjust valves just yet. They do look nice, and all the reviews seem to positive.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
but....I'm not ready to adjust valves just yet.
There is that... but it's gotta be easier than doing same on a Ducati with the desmo valve train... Guess it depends on the service interval.

FWIW, If you lurk the Husaberg.org website you will see some pretty disgruntled dealer comments and speculation about KTM's ownership of Husaberg.

I think Motoxotica out in your neck of the woods could give you the straight scoop.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I have a really good buddy that had 2 03' 470's ( I think) or something Bergs....one he rode...the other was for parts...LOL!!! With that, I'd never own one.....but....I'm not ready to adjust valves just yet. They do look nice, and all the reviews seem to positive.
You beat me to it! I just sold my 4 stroke because I was sick of inspecting/adjusting valves.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpduc View Post
That thing looks great. As does the 450. I'd really like to test ride that 390. I remember Speedy Maniac mentioning he rode an '09 450 with the new horizontal cylinder config and said it rode like his 250... I'm really sick of straightening bashed up expansions chambers...

There's no dealer in this state (MN) and maybe not even in any neighboring state. I also think I saw somewhere that none (or maybe one per dealer) were being sent to the US, but I could be mixing that up with the 570 supermoto...
There is a great dealer in WA if anyone is interested.
The #74 and #71 worcs bikes are for sale at Taskys
(A GasGas forum advertiser)
http://www.taskysmetriccycle.com

2008 KTM 530

Former Fantasies:
2007 KTM 525
2004 Honda CR250R
2011 Gas-Gas EC 300
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
2004 KDX 200
2000 KDX 220
2003 Gas-Gas EC 250
2004 Honda CRF 250X
2005 Honda CRF 250X

What can I say, I'm schizophrenic and ambidextrous!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 PM

Nice bike, but probably just a sleeved down 450. I'd like to see a designed from the ground up 300 - 350, without the compromises of a bored/stroked 250 or sleeved 450. Also not crazy about the closed loop EFI, unless it can be disabled and an open loop map run.

I have a couple friends with woods ridden Yamaha 250Fs, they have been very reliable and the valves never move. I suspect because they are not bouncing off the rev limiter and overreved on jumps.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 PM

The bergs are great bikes. The handling is great (and the suspension seems to work better on them than on the KTMs), easy to work on bikes, reliable, good power, flawless fuel injection, blah, blah, blah. Honestly, if I switched to a thumper it would probably be a Husaberg. The handling is unreal for a thumper. Feels like you're throwing around a 250F. Honestly, it handled better than a CRF250R (which I think handles great). Close to my GasGas, but not quite as good.

Glenn,
Trust me, the closed loop EFI on the 'Berg is the way to go. It actually works, unlike most open loop efi systems. Not having an 02 sensor is the dumbest thing I've seen with EFI bikes. To get any advantage from EFI, you need to have an 02 sensor in the exhaust. The berg's EFI works flawlessly, even in the brand new 2009 models. How many other companies have got the EFI correct right from the get go? Ummmmm, no one. Honda offers a carb kit for the 09 CRF450R. That's how great the injection works on it. Even GasGas has taken a lot of years to finally get it figured out.

The Husaberg is an awesome bike, and I have no problems recommending people buy them, if they want a thumper.

Oh yeah, the one problem with the berg is it is still a heavy bike. Not noticeable when you're riding it, but as soon as you need to lift it you sure notice the weight. That weight is the issue holding me back. I like being able to pick up my bike easily when the going gets nasty.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 PM

My brother in law just got a leftover '08 Husaberg 550fe from Tasky's. I bought his GG 450fse. Tasky's was definitely a good experience. Low to no pressure sales, laid back, but on the ball at the same time.

My bro in law is an animal on the trails, and he loves his new Husa, but he's glad to have kept the GG in the family. That 550 sounds like a thunderstorm when he cruises up behind me on the trail. Too bad for me I can't out run the thunder.