Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM

Default 2012 Doo-Dad List

With the second batch (third?) of Gasser arriving in customs in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping to create this as a go-to thread for barkbusters, skid plates, damper mounts, etc for things that fit well without much modification.

So...

1) Skid Plate
2) Hand Guards
3) Rad Guards
4) Name your component...

Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM

I have a box of stuff on my bench now. Everything that fits the '11 should fit the '12 with two exceptions:

The damper tower, but one from a pre '10 should fit.

Skid plate is a question, but you will get an AXP with the bike. Scorpion makes a nice alloy for the '12 as well. I'll be test fitting a Hyde and report back.

The Scorpion rad frames for the '12 are new and have holes to clear the tits on the shrouds, but if you want to use these or similar parts from an older bike it seems like you could enlarge the existing holes.

I'll be pulling a few things off my '07 like the Pivot Pegs, LTR chain guide, and LTR clutch slave guard.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 AM

I was thinking about a new skidplate before the AXP arrived, but now I have to wonder why. It's light, looks tough ...

Handguards - Fastway FIT I if I decide to run a damper, FIT II if I decide not to.

Rad guards - I have some prototypes that I made up for my 2010 that have all of the clearances already in place. That means the EE braces should fit, and likely the Unabikers too.

A fuel filter and new needle and you're set - NEDW on the 2nd clip and the plug is perfect!
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM

You will want to put a piece of fuel line on the frame spar at the airbox boot area. The boot is rubbing the frame.

For radiator guards, I would put these up against any guard out there. Solid billet and thicker than the competition. Sledgehammer Manufacturing makes them.

They also make a pretty sweet billet ignition/stator cover

Old 04-03-2012, 12:30 PM

For a skidplate i'm running the scorpion. It's a sweet unit.Also running their link skid (have since flipped the arms around so logo faces front, too much Herradura during the install)

Lastly, purchase yourself one of these and celebrate the new 2012!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:04 PM

I'm going to run Flexxbars with the BRP pivot mounts. Top mount damper (a new Fastway or Scotts) and the home brew tower from my '07. The Scorpion stuff is really nice, I have the rad braces and grills, but I really like the integrated pipe guard concept of the Hyde and will try that route. I may make up a hybrid using the AXP as a backing/mounting plate, or maybe one of the original glide type plates, anyone have one for cheap?

Those rad guards seem a lot like the Bulletproof ones. I see they mount to the inside of the rad tabs, so they cant wrap around the rear. If the shrouds do fit tight in the grommets, will the tabs be bent out when the shroud is snagged by brush, or is the shroud a loose enough fit to come out clean? Maybe add a screw to fix the tabs to the guards?

Steve told me the first run of link skids are sold out already. I'll likely need one, I whacked the linkage on my '07 Sunday in a stream bed.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:39 PM

If you snag a shroud they pop out clean. Just happened to me on sunday.

What you will need to watch for is the two mounting tabs and screws that mount the rear part of the shroud to the bodywork by the gas tank/seat pan area. Mine were lost the first time I snagged the shroud. I would dab some silicone on them straight away.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I went for Scorpion radiator guards and grill, scorpion bashplate and biketique handguards.
All were very simple to instal, no dramas at all and all are a great product.
Still working out the jetting with Jake.
I think Gas gas are sending out rubber for the frame etc with the manuals( so I have heard.)
Make yourself a PFP tool out of a 22mm socket and you are good to go.
Cheers Mark
2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post

For radiator guards, I would put these up against any guard out there. Solid billet and thicker than the competition. Sledgehammer Manufacturing makes them.

They also make a pretty sweet billet ignition/stator cover
Where did you find those!!! Very nice looking stuff. I bet you paid a pretty penny for those!
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 04-03-2012, 03:06 PM

A guy that races our series makes them. $199 or so for the Rad guards I think and $120 or so for the ign cover.

PM me if you want his contact info.