Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 AM

Default EC 300 tank inserts

Hi all, been lurking here a while but now I've just acquired a year 2000 EC 300 that is mechanically sound but cosmetically challenged!

Couple of questions to start:

1. one of the captive inserts that hold the rad shrouds to the tank is loose. I've manged to get the screw out but was wondering if carefully drilling the plastic and then Aralditing the insert back in place would be the way to go.

2. The brake pedal is really loose - seems like there should be a bush or bearing that stops it flopping about on the pivot? I've searched the posts but there doesn't seem to a spec for this? Anyone got any quick ways of solving this?

3. Starting - when the bike is my paddock stand I can fire it up first kick, however when it's on the ground I don't seem to be able to get enough thrust into the kick start? Im guessing there's a knack to this as I don't fancy carrying my paddock stand when I'm out riding!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I did use araldyte to fix the plastic plug but it did not last a ride. I ended up heating the plug and the plug hole with a heat gun, until they were tacky, then pushed thye plug firmly in the hole. This too has broken again but it did last quite a while.

Cheers Mark
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 AM

On mine the inserts are steel, because of using penetrating oil to get the screw out I've got to get the whole thing out and clean up the area first. I'll try Araldite unless someone comes up with a better idea?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 AM

A steel pivot, a hard bronze bushing and a bolt can be ordered. These 3 items will usually make your brake pedal tight as new. I had the same issue and it fixed mine like a new one.