Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 PM

Default 07 300 What Fits?

I finally got my 07 300!! Do the flatland radiator guards fit? the radiators are new brand! any new skid plates? yahoo Tom

Old 05-04-2007, 02:39 PM

Tom,

The guards did not fit. Maybe it was my set of guards but the rear holes did not line up. The lower well of the rad also partially blocked the head stay bolt. I designed new, stronger head stays with separate mounting holes for a rad guard brace, and relocated the rear brace on the Flatland guard up and back, along with an addioional 3mm side stiffener. I also tied it in to upper and lower GP braces. A lot of work, but its totally bulletproof now. Everything lines up with no stress. IMO, the new rads look weaker than the old ones, even if they do cool better. No way I'd ride the bike where I ride without guards.

I have a Hyde combo I'll attempt to install tonight or tommorrow.

Oh, the airfilter is clever and easy to use, but the boot setup sucks. It just fits into the air box like a big grommet/"H" gasket. No bolts, no seal. You will be shocked at how easy it is to pull out! I removed mine, cleaned it and sealed it in with RTV. I would do this ASAP. Clean up the wiring while your in there.

I hope to finnish mine tommorrow and ride Sunday. Sit tight for more details and photos.

Did yours come like a DE or a full Euro EC? Mine is like a DE.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Site Sponsor

I could not line up my guards either. So I cut off the tab on the guard and rewelded back on with the hole going up. I then made some brackets that bolt through the head stay and up to the relocated tab on the guard. But I like your idea of a new head stay, may do it too! I too am using upper and lower GP braces. I hope to get working on it some more this weekend as riding season has started.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 AM

Here is a photo. I had no access to a TIG welder so I bolted it together. A little ghetto but strong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headstay.jpg (49.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 AM

Glenn, and Claude, Thanks for the help, so I guess I should order my flatland guards and get to work. The picture helps alot. Seems weird no one makes rad. guards that fits!! I have the hyde skid plate on my 06 300 and when I took it off I notised my frame under the skid plate a little more bent up, but no different than with my alluminum skid plates, were the side tabs are history, 03,04,05. I havent got the time to check out what I really have to do yet, but I did note that my 05 450 head light assembly will work and is red. Oh ya not to change the subject but the new Harley fuel injectors work on the 450 gasgas and you can get parts from parts unlimited. thanks alot Tom P.S. 06 DE 300 for sell $4400.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 PM

My buddy said the CRD radiator guards fit well except for the mount by the coil and it was an easy fix. The CRD skid plate fit good and he said it is nicer than the one on his '03 ? The E-Line c.f. pipe guard fit good. The plastic frame guards fit good.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 PM

I really like the Hyde. It fits the '07 good, is very light, quiet, and ties everything together for more strength. I hit a rock on a downhill that lifted and jacked the bike up by the skid plate. No problem just a scratch. The same thing tore my CRD plate loose.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 PM

So does the hyde skidplate connect to the pipeguard?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM

I ordered a flatland skid plate and radiator guards. I will have to cut my rad. guards and re weld so I thought this time i would try to put the correct bend in the skid plate and see if the brackets hold any better. If not its back to the Hyde skid plate with rivets to keep the thing from slidding like a banana peel. My first ride is friday no guards, I am crossing my fingers. I will carry it across the river beds?? Tom