Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Default How to seal a airbox from a ?13 model?

hi to all the forum members,

im new in here and this is my first thread. im germand but do live most in romania and bought myself a new gg, pretty happy so far, after several husqvarnas the best bike i had, fits great to what i ride.
my bikes a 13 300e and i almost risked a damaged engine because of the stupid constructed airbox. after a long ride in the wet as i looked after the airfilter i almost fell apart, airbox full with dirty water, mud and sand! lucky it didnt reach the intake! the drainvalve was blocked with sand and mud and didnt let through anything anymore. i started to search from were the water came from and i almost didnt believe what i saw, the rearwheel throws all mud straight into the airbox. theres a 1cm gap were the side of the airbox meets with the innerfender. i needed to ride the bike the other day so i quickly taked some silicon and sealed it, looks ugly but worked so far. i couldnt find anything about that problem in that forum for the 13 models. is just mine wrong or do anybody else have the same problems? i thought about to get some carosserie-sealing-kit and seal everything propper in wintertime.