Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM

Default Would you buy another Gas Gas?

Idea stolen from CafeHusky

Well, would you buy another Gas Gas?
  • What makes you want to buy another one?
  • What doesn't?

Personally, I would, at least at this point. I have only had my bike since Oct, though. Based on the riding experience, I am hooked. My first bike was an 01 YZ125 (bought it in 06), so I went from one extreme to the other. Love the power and smoothness of GG. Turns excellent like my YZ did. Suspension handles the small stuff and the braking/suspension holes much better, YZ handled jumps better (duh). Haven't adjusted the suspension much other than playing with the clickers..yet. Now I haven't had to do any repairs, nothing but general maintenance. So I haven't bought any OEM parts or much of any parts, just some protection items. So haven't really dealt with any of that yet. Only thing that I wish is that there was an online store that had everything that was made for Gas Gas, just for the shear ease of browsing and ordering.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxbandit View Post
Idea stolen from CafeHusky Well, would you buy another Gas Gas?
That would make three....I guess I would but I really should just enjoy the ones I got for a while...

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes i would definately buy another gasser, although having a 01 300 it would need to be one of the newer shape ones, would love one of the 2010 sixdays, but will probably be a 08 300 in a few years time when the price gets down to what i can afford.

The gasser is wthout a doubt the best handling bike ive ever owned, although i do have to spend more time maintaining it, but that dosent bother me as it gives me an excuse to be out in the garage fiddling!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM

Yes I would and will buy another one.This is my second Gas Gas. They just flat work well,engine is awesome.I've ridden the other brands they just don't measure up.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Site Sponsor

sure would like an 07 and up 250. maybe i gotta sell a bike to get one.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

yep I sure would.. I have an 01 300 and an 02 txt 200 pro..
i ventured out and bought a stinking wr450 to try the estart stuff, but i rode it the other day with a guy on a 300 just like mine.... the wr was .... out of its element trying to stay with him...
If i could find an 07 or later 300 in the same money as the wr... in a heartbeat... The txt is a blast, just learning that bike.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM

Default lda racing

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site. A little background. I started LDA Racing back in '01 with a local rider being sponsored by myself. It has now grown to a Co-Op program with Amsoil and a few other sponsors. I hooked up with Jim Senecal 5 years ago when he was wearing the number 2 plate. In '09 he won the New England Championship Series here in New England. He has been on a Gas/Gas since I met him. Starting our fifth year, Jim has been the only rider that has stayed with Gas/Gas, LDA Racing and Amsoil. These ARE great bikes. If they weren't we would not have stayed with them. Go Fasters has been a great support for Jim. Rich Smith ( Smith's Power Sports- srs1@zoominternet.net- National Enduro leader) has been a wealth of info for us and the Gasser community. He is the person to talk to for you're off-road needs and possibly hard to get parts. He has a large inventory. I also had the oppertunity last year to sponsor the U.S. National Trials and Enduro Gas/Gas Team with Amsoil. This has given me a chance meet people that I wouldn't have had a chance to meet in the Gas/Gas Industry. I see a lot of questions on jetting. Most people don't understand it. I have seen jetting charts, Man. specs, oil specs, etc.,,. Every Gas/Gas I have seen is over jetted. I just rejetted a 250 Gasser through e-mail and he couldn't believe the difference. This person had posted a couple of e-mails and I could see he was getting nowhere. I thank him for contacting and trusting me and now he has a bike running the way it should. Jim doesn't rely on shear horsepower, which most people think you need to pull off a Championship. It is that plus a large amount of suspension work (power to the ground, Not roosting) that gets the win. We use C-Cycle Suspension Service, Bill Pemberton, (ccycle.com). I hope eveyone that reads this doesn't get the impression that I am promoting these people and dissing everyone else. I'm not. I just want to let you know who the ones are that have stayed with us over the years. If you people have other people that you trust please let us know. If we don't act as one group, we cannot show Gas/Gas how serious we are in the U.S. My background goes back to the '70's, the Penton family, Ossa riders- Don Cutler, Dave Latham, Charlie Vincent. and many other off-road racers. This is where I have learned my knowledge. You talk to the pro's and LISTEN, then you will learn if you choose to. To myself and my riders there is no dumb question that you ask, just one you don't know the answer to yet. Anyone of the above mentioned will agree on this statment. That is why all of us have such a strong relationship in the racing industry. We are not here to prove how good we are to you. We are here to help and encourge anyone, no matter what their level is. There are only a few people who can make it to the top. That is not what this or any other sport is about. It is about the everyday participant that loves what they are a part of and pours their heart and soul into it week after week. These are the true champs. I have seen it over the years. Any feed back that you can give, posative or negative, feel free to contact me and I will supply you with the information I know and if I don't have it I will do my best to get it for you.

Thanks,
Brian DeVries
LDA Racing
ldamarketing@live.com
Old 05-28-2010, 08:25 PM

wow!!!! Does that mean your on board for another GasGas

Nice info....best of luck to you and your team....
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Default 2001 XC300 :( North East USA lack of Dealers/ New Bikes in stock

I love my 2001 GasGas XC300, However I've put a lot of miles on it and its time for a new bike. I'm tried of fixing things and even though I can still get parts sometimes they substitute parts for newer years like my airbox. I had to get a new one after a tree branch harpooned the original now it doesn't fit right anymore. I have to remove the subframe every time I touch the carb other wise I have gaps around the carb to airbox mount. As it is my carb to Reed valve rubber connector is dry rotting and its not listed as a spare on any of the websites, the part is there with no price which means to me its not available. Just finished new bottom and top end last year.

Looking for a new bike but no solid dealers that are close to me and the dealers I've found don't show any current year stock. This tells me they will likely leave the brand soon.

Probably

I live in the North Eastern part of the USA live in NY and ride in PA. I'm really leaning towards KTM now. Hate to switch as I know my Gasser handles way better. Worst experience is last year I bought all new plastics and Graphics, I had to purchase them from the uk. Unfortunately the Graphics don't fit the plastic well. Thick graphics material and doesn't conform to plastics.

I notice very few posts from this part of the USA unfortunately as good as the bike are they just don't seem to have a strong following here.

The only used ones I see are the trials bikes.

Anyone have know solid dealers in this part of the USA please let me know.

Thanks, Tim
Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlh View Post
I love my 2001 GasGas XC300, However I've put a lot of miles on it and its time for a new bike. I'm tried of fixing things and even though I can still get parts sometimes they substitute parts for newer years like my airbox. I had to get a new one after a tree branch harpooned the original now it doesn't fit right anymore. I have to remove the subframe every time I touch the carb other wise I have gaps around the carb to airbox mount. As it is my carb to Reed valve rubber connector is dry rotting and its not listed as a spare on any of the websites, the part is there with no price which means to me its not available. Just finished new bottom and top end last year.

Looking for a new bike but no solid dealers that are close to me and the dealers I've found don't show any current year stock. This tells me they will likely leave the brand soon.

Probably

I live in the North Eastern part of the USA live in NY and ride in PA. I'm really leaning towards KTM now. Hate to switch as I know my Gasser handles way better. Worst experience is last year I bought all new plastics and Graphics, I had to purchase them from the uk. Unfortunately the Graphics don't fit the plastic well. Thick graphics material and doesn't conform to plastics.

I notice very few posts from this part of the USA unfortunately as good as the bike are they just don't seem to have a strong following here.

The only used ones I see are the trials bikes.

Anyone have know solid dealers in this part of the USA please let me know.

Thanks, Tim

Matto Cycle in PA has 2012 bikes in stock and 13s on the way. So does Moto Connection in VT and North's Services in westerns Mass. Gas Gas Unlimited in CT has sold out of 12s but has 13s on order. Smith Racing in western PA has 12s in stock and 13s on order. 3 Seas in western NY has one '12 with '13s on order. Out of all of the dealers we have in the NE, only two have not ordered '13s. Are you sure you checked our dealer list? www.ggor.us
It is sometimes hard to get plastic parts for a 12 year old motorcycle. Don't sassume that you can't get the carb manifold. Call Mark at Go Fasters.