Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Talking Rockin' the Giff P: Oct 15-18 Report

This was the third time I've had the opportunity to explore the Gifford Pinchot riding area and each time I leave I'm already looking forward to the next trek up there.

We've hit the Giff during the dead of summer the last two occasions and it turned out to be quite the treat to head up during fall. Although the forecast looked to be iffy on our 2nd day of riding, getting to see the fall colors and explore new trails with that crisp feeling in the air was outstanding.

The camp & ride came together in short order and that meant the group of nutballs heading up was quite a bit smaller than usual (and my buddy from WI had already spent his hall pass in coming out during the summer). Only two of us had the pleasure of ripping about the first day; with another buddy showing up while we carefully made our way along Juniper Ridge.

The two previous trips had stays at Olallie Lake and Council Lake, which were both really cool in their own respect. Since it was so late in the year, we decided to hit Takhlakh Lake. Although not an OHV bike friendly place during the summer season (ie no riding to the trails w/o a plate), the view you get of Mt. Adams is simply stunning and worth the stay if you get a chance.

Here are a few shots from making our way to Takhlakh and getting camp setup.