Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
As far as the rims go, I've been working with about 3 different companies and all have different opinions and thoughts on the GasGas Hub...all have not quite worked yet, but I'm close to a solution and hope to have complete aftermarket wheel sets available in black, red, blue, or silver within 2-3 months for about $725 retail including rotors and sprocket.

The Rad set up was a KTM front hub with a KTM rotor and special spacers. The rear hub was a early 1990's Honda hub with special spacers, honda sprocket and honda rotor from the early 90's as well. It worked ok, but the rear rotor was a 4 bolt rotor and I'm not too fond of that.
$725 for a complete set of wheels with all parts is a pretty good deal. I agree that using GasGas parts is preferable, since the next owner might not be so keen on finding parts for a "Franken-bike". Keep us posted.
By the way, I appreciate it when the importer takes the impetus to find aftermarket part sources for a brand that fill a void that the aftermarket mfgs would not go after.