Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 PM

Default Just ordered a new 08 300 ec, need some imput

I finally decided to shed some orange blood and see what all this talk is on suspension and handling of the GG. I'm leaving behind a very good bike ( 07 ktm 300 xcw). I have a few concerns about the GG set-up.
2k2 ignition vs 2k3 ? 07 Ktm has the 2k2 and the dual halogen Acrebis light seems bright enough. We ride trails mostly with some technical. More FWW could be important.
I'm defiantly doing the RB designs head and carb mod.
I like the Hyde pipe and skid combo but I don't know if I can look at it on an everyday basis.Might just do an aluminum skid Carbon F pipe guard.
LTR water pump impeller ? Is this a must ? Do the GG 300s have the boil over issues that the KTM 300's have had ?
I weigh 220 do I need to respring ?
Hand guards ? We have the Enduro Engineering and they are OK but I might try something else if someone has some good suggestions. Moose ?
Does anyone have an opinion of the 08 stock seat ? I'm an old veteran that likes to sit allot.

I'm excited to try some new blood and anyones imput would be greatly appreciated !!!