Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2022, 01:22 AM

Default Ec 200 burns too much gas

My 2008 Ec200 seems to burn way too much fuel. I have the 3.2 gallon tank and it will burn it all within 2-3 hours run time.

Here is all the jetting
- Size 40 Pilot
- Size 172 Main
- Needle clip in second position ( No marking on needle other that blue paint on the top)
- Number 6 slide

The bike seems to run pretty rich, it smokes a lot even when warm and has a fair bit of oil out of the exhaust. I replaced the reeds with Boysen pro series reeds a bit ago so they should be fine. It has 125 PSI of compression when the engine is at 100 degrees. I know that is low and I have a new top end on the way but I don't think that's the problem. Could be wrong though.

I set the floats to be parallel with the bowl surface as they were way to high before. doing this would have made the bike run richer although I don't see that being the issue especially since that should be the proper height.

From what I learn on this forum the jetting I currently have is pretty average if not slightly lean. I'm in interior BC, Canada and I usually ride between 500 and 1500 meters (1500 to 4500 feet).