Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM

Default DIY Clutch Cover Gasket

Hopefully this will be of some help and it can save some money. I can get 3 clutch cover gaskets out of one $5.00 roll...............I was home sick from work today so I took the time..............

Obtain a roll of high temp 1/32" thick gasket material from the local auto parts store. Tape it down on the table, and carefully trace the outer edge of the clutch cover with a Sharpie. Cut out the pattern and you will get the results shown below:

To trace the inner edge of the mating surface use a compass. Check out the fancy one I borrowed from my daughter......To find the middle, I made small marks with a sharpie, 5 mm in (mating surface width) from outer edge, and then found the mid-point where the compass pencil crossed/intersected each one of the marks. It took a few times:

Cut out part of the middle and then carefully trim:

This is how I marked the holes: holding the gasket firmly in place on the cover mating surface, I rubbed the edges of each hole and gently dimpled them in with the scissors. You could use a screw driver.

To punch the holes in the gasket I used a hole punch from my kids art kit. I carefully centered and aligned the punch over the dimples, perfect ! :

Done carefully, the gasket is a perfect fit.
wife, 2 kids, the usual....

Last edited by unclejosh; 02-10-2009 at 10:32 AM.