Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 AM

Default Disturbing find.....!

I have an '06 250 ec and I decided it was time to change the fork oil for the first time. Its got probably 60 hrs on it and the right hand fork seal was leaking just a tad bit so I ordered some Synergy Seals.

Took the forks over to a buddies house last nite to do the work as he has all the right tools.

On disassembly of the left fork, everything went fine. The oil was not too bad but it was time to change it. On reassembly, I will be using Repsol 5w fluid, but it will be next week before the assembly can get under way.....

The right fork leg, on disassembly was the disturbing part. When we got the
lower fork tube out of the outer tube, we found the large flat washer that sits under the bushings on the lower tube was missing. We were very careful of disassembly to keep all parts separated from one fork leg to the other. Apparently it was left out at the factory. I noticed when I took the forks out of the triple clamps, I compressed each one by hand and noticed a slight bit of "free play" in the right one that the left didn't have. Probably why the fork seal was leaking too.

I am going to call GoFasters this morning and see if they have one and get it
headed this way. So thats why it'll be until next week (hopefully!) when I get
them finished.

Just thought y'all would find this interesting....