Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Problem here is your talking about two different scales of measurement, 80W gear oil is not rated on the SAE motor oil scale. You need to look at the equivalent viscosity in centistokes @ 40 and 100 deg C. I've run 80W Spectro and the clutch drags a lot.

I think this is very tecnique dependent. I can and have made mine squawk occasionally slipping in in very tight trees, but any bike will do that. A Yam 250F will do it and burn the clutch to a crisp in the process. I just had mine out and its like new @ 133 hrs.

Noise from primary gear? Sounds funny to me. Perhaps what they mean is the vibrations from the plates slipping/grabbing are tranfered through the system and you hear the harmonics from the basket, gears, case, side cover, etc. Things usually sound a lot worse than they are for this reason. Ever hear a Cannondale 440? A perfectly good one sounds like its in self destruct mode due to the gear driven valve train and large side cover.

What oils are you guys with the most complaints using?

Tags
2011, clutch, e-starter, ec300, kick starter