Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Default Lone Star National

I am surprised no one from this forum posted on the national enduro in Texas Sunday. Anyway..... long story short, I saw quite a few Gas Gas bikes, which was pleasantly surprising. It was typical Orange and lots of Green mixed in. I am not sure how the gg group did overall but it was nice to see the bikes on the course throughout the day. I personally did not do well in the overall standings. I got 3rd 40A and qualified for the US ISDE team with a 2nd in the E3 LOI class. It was too hot for me and I was suffering from the start. Our guage showed 99 degrees. I have no clue how I wound up on the podium and on the team quite frankly. It was extremely hot, dusty, dry slick, and way tighter than I had imagined it would be. I think about half the field of riders DNF'd. I had to just back off and trail ride.

I do know I was super happy to be on my gas gas vs my ktm, even my 125 ktm. The gas gas turns so well and handles so well I could ride like a squid and still pull through the terrain. The motor and tranny were awesome as well. A few times I thought I would like to have the steering stops removed but incredibly the bike would still twist around and stay on the main line in the tight stuff. One thing I probably would do different is pull the forks up to the line in the triple clamps. I have been running them flush for better high speed stability. Bike was awesome, I was not. : )

Last edited by BrentMartell; 04-05-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added info