Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Default I got a GoPro, Now what?

I bought a GoPro Hero, (actually I ordered some for the shop but, hey, we have to demo for product knowledge-Right?) I have figured out how to film and I made an under visor mount. I shot some footage on Thursday evening-

http://www.youtube.com/user/FMPowersports

& now I have questions....

1) It seems horribly slow to upload, do I need to change it to a different kind of file type? if so what is the best/better program for that? ref- I run internet connection from a router that connects to a T1 connection that is about 200 feet away
2) files won't e-mail so I assume upload to You Tube/Vimeo then share link is best option ?
3) How do you add music etc ? I see some cool stuff on You Tube and I want to understand how they do it...
4) The video above was shot at r1 which is lowest resolution that the Hero will do (I think) and quality doesn't appear to be the best...I shot lo res hoping upload would be better

I am semi computer literate but this is my first venture into movies. I'm using a Dell laptop and running Windows XP Pro with service pack 3. I tried 'Movie Maker' but it doesn't recognize an MP4 file so I know something has to change ?? I have read online but it seems confusing. Help or direction to get help will be much appreciated

Thanks
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro

Last edited by Fred1956; 08-20-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: link edit