Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Default 2012 EC300 e-start walk around video, pics, etc...

Hey everyone,

Here is a short video of my 2012, but first a little back ground. I have been riding and racing(harescrambles) on a 08 YZ250 for the past 3 years. I have it revalved, big tank, jetting dialed, Rekluse zstart pro, etc...I love my YZ. It has been nothing but reliable and fun to ride. That being said, its still a MX bike converted to a woods bike. The close ratio trans is annoying at times, and it has no stator for lighting. I ride in the hills of WV and SE Ohio. I plan to start running enduros and Ohio dual sports, both require lights and a plate so the YZ wasnt going to cut it. We ride tight twisty single track and atv trails. Trails are generally rocky, rooty, and muddy.

I have been looking at Gassers for few years. The dealer options have been limited but last year my local KTM shop picked up GasGas. I went to look at the 11 EC300 they had last summer and almost bought it. I was hesitant and decided to wait. Then they got the 2012 (kick only) back in March. I fell in love, the ergos were good and the fit/finish was excellent. In the middle of May the KTM shop had a demo day so I went and rode the 300XC, TE300, and 250XC. I loved the 300 motor and decided my trusty YZ was going to get a new stable mate. I pondered ordering a 13' 300xc but there was just something about the GasGas that just felt right so I waited on the GasGas. I trusted my gut and went with what feels right. So far so good.

I picked it up on May 30. The day I brought her home

IMG_1102 by Rider_wv, on Flickr

A short walk around video
http://youtu.be/ckTeRcm4hgs?hd=1

First day on the trails

IMG_1112 by Rider_wv, on Flickr

300 smokers by Rider_wv, on Flickr

I will post up a post ride video and some trail videos later. I am still uploading them...

Thanks
Jeremy