Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Default 98 Steel subframe 04 EC crossover?

HI,
I've got (bits of) an 04 EC250 that I'm building up for trail riding, when I start the build proper over the next few weeks I'll start a thread but ahead of that I've got a question about subframes.

My 04 frame came with a subframe but it was in very poor shape with broken brackets and a clean break on one of the upper legs just behind where it bolts to the main frame. After reading on this forum about the crossover with older KX subframes I had planned on sourcing one but then remembered the pile of bits from a 98 EC250 I had in storage. I've dug out the subframe for that and it's steel and in good straight condition. The only issue is that the seat from the 04 doesn't sit nicely in the top rails if the brackets on the seat base are lined up with the holes. The gap is about 1/2 an inch. with the holes lined up the cross bar is in the correct place. If I bend the upper rails upwards to match the profile of the seat base then it'll be out of line where it bolts up to the frame. Currently the frame mounts line up spot on.

Would the KX subframe be a better fit?

Cheers,

Rob