Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Angry HELP 2003 EC 200 Pouring Gas when Fuels is On

My EC200 will not start and it also is pouring gas out of the bowl vent on the crab when the fuel is on. I can kick it 6 to 7 times and it will shoot a nice plume of smoke out but never fire. When i try to pop it from second gear it will try to crank but then bog down and shut off. The spark plug is wet and i have rebuilt the carb and cleaned jets. The only thing i can think of left to do is adjust the float. Any other advise?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM

You said it, adjust the float. If its pouring out when standing upright, its likely that the float/needle/pin is either not assembled correctly or is completely worn out.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM

float needle might be faulty aswell but that's about it before you can go and rip it!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM

Take your spark plug out, burn the oil off the plug and give it a clean up (after up sorted the fuel issue out)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default hmm

Had a friend who's carb would not stop overflowing fuel, his bike was fine one ride and the next it began to overflow as soon as the petcock was opened. If your float was out of adjustment I doubt that this problem would manifest all of a sudden. My wife's bike did the same thing, but was a different issue:

My wife's bike had a "bad" needle and it would not seat correctly subsequently if overflowed fuel. I bought a new needle and the problem was solved.

My friend's bike had a similar but slightly different issue, his needle seated/sealed just fine however the recess/race that the needle seats into was threaded into the carb with an o-ring between the recess/seat and the carb body. He replaced the o-ring and it worked fine. We figured this out on the trail and used chapstick as a temporary fix to help the o-ring seal.

I have also had a piece of crud on the needle's head preventing a seal....now I run a fuel filter on both our bikes

Both of these problems were pretty easy to diagnose by removing the float bowl, opening the petcock and moving the float up and down to see where/when fuel was coming from.

good luck!
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Default Still messed up

UPDATE!!!!!! I rebuilt the carb all the way. I replaced the plug, and then decided to make sure the kill switch was working properly.

It fixed the fuel pouring out but the bike will still not start.

Last edited by mswilkes; 01-12-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Update