Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Default 2013gasgas ride

What a great ride and BBQ! Definitley the best trail ride of the year for me Thanks Roscoe for putting this event together and your burgers are way better than 5 guys! I'm just getting back into dirt biking and Everyone was very helpful with riding tips and tech tips.
I'm going to get the JD jet kit and force myself to stand up while riding more! LOL I watched some video from the ride and even though It felt like I was going fast while sitting I wasn't .

Looking forward to riding with you guys again!

Jeff

Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks Bill for getting those pics up so fast I really apreciate it.

Looking at them made me smile and remember why I put this together annually. Thanks to all who helped me. From pitching in to help pay for the food to sweeping. The ride went smooth. I expected no less with the accomplished NW riders involved. I look forward to next year.

I may have to put together a mountain ride this summer.

BRAAAAAP!

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Thanks Bill for getting those pics up so fast I really apreciate it.

Looking at them made me smile and remember why I put this together annually. Thanks to all who helped me. From pitching in to help pay for the food to sweeping. The ride went smooth. I expected no less with the accomplished NW riders involved. I look forward to next year.

I may have to put together a mountain ride this summer.

BRAAAAAP!

Roscoe
I'm in for another ride. Name the place and date I'll make it happen.

It was great fun, I was so bummed that I couldn't do the last loop. Next time I'll go the distance.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM

Default great ride

Had fun Sunday! Nice to meet everyone. Anyone riding Thurston poker run Saturday?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzee137 View Post
Had fun Sunday! Nice to meet everyone. Anyone riding Thurston poker run Saturday?
I have to work There is an upside...I have a 4 day weekend coming. Hmmmm, where will I ride, and for how long
Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Jim Cook, every time I've done one of these rides with Roscoe, I've thought of you. I really wish you could be here for one, they are exactly your kind of riding/socializing event. Maybe someday... I'll bet something could be arranged.
I had no idea this ride was going on, Scott and I just randomly stumbled on to the group when we showed up for a ride at a leisurely 1:00 PM. We got a nice warm up ride with them during their last 10 mile loop (Roscoe says "about 10 miles", goes out and totally wings it off the top of his head, including a turn around or 2, and gets us back to the trucks at 10.2 miles; the boy has good instincts). Scott and I then took off for more, but about 7 mile in the sun had come out and we were roasting, so we returned to the truck to drop off rain jackets and got fed a delicious bacon cheese burger and a cold Heineken , then went back out for another 27 miles under nearly ideal trail conditions.
Thanks, Roscoe, for the ride and the food. It's always a good time riding with you.
I think it's funny the impact having that spare E-clip for my carb needle last year had on y'all. I believe it's made some folks better prepared.
Pretty sweet day. I've got to stay in touch better with Roscoe.

Tim H
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

I'd like to be able to take off for a month at a time and do some visiting and riding around the whole continental US. It would be great to ride at the Spudfest and then follow you home.

Are you going to Idaho this summer? Deb and I are trying to work it in. Both Dave Smith and RahRah are saying that they would like to go with us.

As much as I've heard about Walker Valley and the other places you ride, and the great trail photos I've seen, combined with the great folks up there, I think I would really enjoy a visit.

Our enduro (BJEC and SERA sanctioned TrainRobbers Enduro) is coming up on June 9. Fly down, and I will loan you my 2004 DE300 or my 2001 520EXC for a race bike. It ought to be a "Hoot!". The trails are perfect, and we have a new Trail Boss for the enduro this year.

Please tell Mrs. Harrell and the kids that I said "Hello!".

Good Riding!
Jim
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
I'm in for another ride. Name the place and date I'll make it happen.
You should come play on the east side when the Little Naches trails restrictions lift!
Does anyone have any vids to post?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 PM

Burnzee, I'll be riding Shelton Saturday, maybe Sunday too. Not sure if ya'll will allow me in the GG club anymore though...
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM

I will see you saturday morning bright and early. I will be in a Gray tacoma.