Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

In rain mode it does not have a top end hit. Atleast my '12 doesn't. It just pulls strong through low and mid and then completely flat

The two wire connectors close to the cdi is male and female.. just disconnect the wiring to the switch and connect the two loose ends to each other.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 AM

Are you running the stock exhaust? Have a friend running the Leo Vince and he had top end issues till he removed the spark arrestor screen. Had enough blockage to cause top end issues.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Will check the map connectivity after i put motor back together....thanks for the info. If thats all it ends up being ....I'll mail a six pack to Sweden lol.

My exhaust is stock but bike worked fine w this exhaust beforehand...so i ll assume ita not pipe related. I did order new packing from GF as the packing/silencer was the first area I checked. Packing seemed good amd no real restrictions

Thanks to all for ur suggestions thus far. Will continue to work on. Have cleaned pv assemblyand ready to put back on
Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 AM

Bike back together and working better. Cleaning the entire pv made a massive difference in the idle consistency...or has seemed to. Took cylinder off to clean pv and to learn its orientation. Glad I did as I understand it better now. Used the same thickness gasket (black .5mm) and new O rings on head. Actuator resting snugly on stopper at idle and moves to full open starting around 3000-4000 rpm Id say, although I cant tell for certain as its only by ear. Before I did all this cleaning etc, it would snap open very quickly. After cleaning the pv, it moved silky smooth thru its travel in the cylinder.

Im still waiting for new packing, new gaskets for thermostat and water pump and now new impellor and cover as I noticed the "water pump" thread. So my water pump gasket is weaping a little and I wont be testing much till I replace that.

I have yet to short the map switch, and have since tried both settings again. They both feel very similar in power delivery. My bike pulls the front wheel off the ground when bangin' thru the first 3 gears no problem. Top end speed though, today, was better than before I did the pv cleaning. It was 70 mph before, and is now 80 mph. I still think it should pull more top end. Maybe the map switch fix will help...we'll see. It also seems to kick over harder (more compression), but not sure if that's just in my fat head

Thanks to all who responded and helped thru pm ing
Old 07-24-2013, 05:13 PM

Default Mapping switch

I can not tell the difference with the mapping switch. That may just be my lack of feel. I am also not happy with the way by bike pulls when on the pipe. and cooming onto the pipe. I tested the switch and all was ok. I would love to get on an other gas gas to see if its just that way or there is something wrong.

I have got a pic of pic of the 2012 dyno I will see if I can get in on this from my pad.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljim View Post
I can not tell the difference with the mapping switch. That may just be my lack of feel. I am also not happy with the way by bike pulls when on the pipe. and cooming onto the pipe. I tested the switch and all was ok. I would love to get on an other gas gas to see if its just that way or there is something wrong.

I have got a pic of pic of the 2012 dyno I will see if I can get in on this from my pad.
https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#...5-64B219E6044B