Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibby View Post
I also put in a piece of foam inside the airbox at the bottom which helped.

Wet ride for me yesterday. Put in new air filter last night - old one wasnt too bad though.

The hole in the airbox for letting water out on mine is pretty big, and i had a little muddy residue left in the bottom of the airbox, but no water as such. And the filter was near enough dry.

So whats the foam in the bottom for ?

To act like some sort of primitive filter ? Or to act as a slosh-baffle ? Or.................[And what do i use - will a bit of old air-filter cut to size, and wedged firmly in the bottom do the job ?]

Old 12-31-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber Jonny View Post
Strata killed my KTM every time gasser with taped airbox no probs. Gassers can handle our shit weather better than my 09 300exc ever did, my closest lane floods all summer and is a river in winter, gasser goes through no probs could even use it in winter on KTM.

KTM used to be majority of the bikes round here now they are not!!!!!
I'm seeing the same this end Jonny, it was mostly all KTM, the guys I ride with for example 8 of us and 7 had KTM now it's down to 1.

They are great bikes but people are starting to see they have options and for a certain level of rider those options are better/cheaper than KTM

Wish I would have done the breather and taped airbox up before!!

Do you know Bulky Groych (spelt wrong I know ) around mid wales. Before or just after you get to the gate by the fence (depending on which way you come) there is a load of water there. We done it both ways the other week and it died in the same place each time, looking to give it another try soon but I'm confident it wont happen now.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfourate View Post
Wet ride for me yesterday. Put in new air filter last night - old one wasnt too bad though.

The hole in the airbox for letting water out on mine is pretty big, and i had a little muddy residue left in the bottom of the airbox, but no water as such. And the filter was near enough dry.

So whats the foam in the bottom for ?

To act like some sort of primitive filter ? Or to act as a slosh-baffle ? Or.................[And what do i use - will a bit of old air-filter cut to size, and wedged firmly in the bottom do the job ?]
It's just to act as something to pickup some sh** that gets in there. It seemed to work as there was a load of mud on it and the airbox was pretty clean.

Wouldn't have thought it was necessary just something I stuck in there to see if it stopped any sh** and it did.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:44 AM

No idea where that is nibby we go on adventure a least once a month all over the UK i only live 20 miles from London! I have probably ridden it as we go everywhere but what they are all called no idea !!! Was in barmouth area last Saturday, Swansea valley December, ebbw vale area the month before, We have a lot of routes round mid Wales and have raced the 2 day. Could spend a good few days there and not get them all in. Are you from mid Wales?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:22 AM

It's through a forest then you climb up or down and it's pretty boggy. It's not that long but can take hours to get through depending on conditions, it's bad even in the summer

Wales has it all. South Wales is best imo but all good.

I'm just outside Liverpool so closer to North Wales but we get all over.

Have you been up to Cowm Quarry near Rochdale? Depending on the type of riding you like to do, it's a great place, technical, rocky and in places extreme. They do an endure loop once a month, worth checking out if you've never been.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:05 AM

I'm going to sort out a trip there now I have a van suitable to camp, day in the quarry and a day on the lanes.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:13 AM

Sounds good. The peaks are close and you could have a good day on the lanes followed by another at the quarry.
There's another cracking quarry as well near Corwen were du quarry which gives you the option of a 2 dayer in Wales as well. Both are pretty extreme and can recommend both.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM

I think I know that quarry, done north Wales to death really and its a over used now and the trails are getting wrecked. The coppers are always hassling people as the locals are getting pissed off, understandable really. 5 years ago you didn't see many bikes there now the lanes are like the M1 !!!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:50 AM

Very true. I think venues like the two quarrys I mentioned will do well in the future as the lanes get less and less.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2013, 12:27 PM

I just ride elsewhere, barmouth has awesome trails and is not far from Llangollen which is overused so we just go there instead as its similar but hardly used.