Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:26 AM

Default Clutch master/slave problems

Hi

I'm having some problems with my clutch, some times it do'es not release complely, and is dragging, it yousaly helps to pump the clutch lever a couple op times. It is a MC250 from '99 isch with a AJP master. I is not leaking from any where.
Does anyone have any experience if wether it is only a clutch master that needs a repair kit or if it both master and slave?
Shipping to my country is a bit silly/expensive.

The plates look a-ok i have looked

Btw the n3cj needle it the best thing i have bourght for it so far, 100 times better than what was in there before

Old 05-25-2015, 09:43 AM

What does your clutch basket look like? how much is it grooved from the plates. Sounds like this is your problem.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:54 AM

Both the fiber and the metal plates look almost brand new. I'm thinking the piston in the master might be worn and the rubber hard. Wass more a would you rebuild both slave and master or only the master, the outer runber seal om the master is badly worn..
Old 05-25-2015, 11:05 AM

I had the same problem and I changed the whole clutch master cylinder (it was leaking where the boot is on the spring0 and it didn't fix it I pulled the clutch (which was suggested on here) to find that one of the friction plate was totally missing the friction and others were following suit. I just got the quad it is the ec300 motor the oil was shot. The clutch basket is really grooved I am waiting for a new one to come. I posted pics on here in the What have you done to your GAS GAS today that show the plates and the basket. Its super easy to pull out the plates thats where I'd start don't spend money and time on a new clutch master cylinder until you look at the clutch and the basket.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:30 PM

Did pull the clutch, did'nt notice any groves, did'nt look for them, only pulled the plates to see their condition. But takes about 15min to check the clutch basket for grooves.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:57 AM

Ohh yes, gruves in the basked tired to file them, havent tried it.