Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 AM

ok ... i have fiddled with the float height as it was set too low and was contributing to fuel running out when tapped out ... i didn't measure it, just lifted the height so maybe i lifted it too high.

Thanks guys.

I've got the forks out doing fork seals at the moment but i'll get them done this week and report back on how i go with the bike after setting float height exactly as per specs - 16mm

Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 AM

Check reeds and intake tact for leaks (rubber boot , gaskets etc) try another pilot 45 . maybe the 42 is pluged partially. If your at sea level a 45 might be your answer. We are at 4000 alt and a 42 is just right at 1.5 AS and 50 degrees F.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 PM

have u changed the plug as mine was like that and it was the plug also set my airscrew at 2.5 hope this helps
Old 03-02-2010, 01:44 AM

thanks guys,

I bought a couple of jets today that i can fiddle with swapping in and out.
I re-adjusted float bowl last night and it seemed like i did have it set too high - I really didn't think it would affect much unless it was too low (not letting enough fuel into the float bowl) but a few people have said it ruins your idle if it's too low so i've adjusted it last night according to specs - 16mm.

I've just gotta get my fork seals done and put the pipe back on (currently getting small ding blown out) and then i can test ride again

Will let you all know how i go.

Thanks again
Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 AM

Hey all,

One question i forgot to ask
Is a DDK needle also known as a N427-48??

I tried to order a DDK needle today from a distributor in Saouth Australia but he didn't have one and tried telling me i should just buy a DEK needle that he had in stock and that i wouldn't notice the difference?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 PM

bexi here's another train of thought for you. does your bike have a lot of hr;s on it by now? if so,your jet needle(the tube bonded in the carb that the needle runs in) is probably worn out to an oversize. i went through this with my 01 ec 300 in about 06. i ended up having to ignore all the suggestions and jet the bike to what it would run on. i ended up with a 35 pilot jet (approx 1500 feet where i live in canada) a #9 slide which was the biggest improvement.and needles and main jet as required! i think i ended up with a kawasaki nozh needle on #3 clip and about a 172 main jet if memory serves me. the moral here is,that the gassers seem to be the same but sometimes a lot different from each other. get it idling first and then work your way up through the rpms and jet as you go. good luck mate.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Default Wow!!!!!!

Hey all,

I've just put my pipe back on after having ding blown out and reinstalled carby with:
Pilot Jet - 42
main jet - 178
Needle - N1EG
Clip position - 2
Temperature - 20c

With this setting (and with float height now set correctly) the bike did seem to run a bit better. It would idle for a few seconds and then stall. Power was ok but at full throttle, there was a little bit of hesitation.

I then came back to the garage to do my first needle change!
(I bought a CEK needle as CCK was not available and the only difference between the 2 is that the CEK is about 1.5mm longer in straight section)

So I installed the CEK at clip position 3 and went for another ride - just on the road as it's currently raining and havn't got time to go anywhere else.
I turned out the driveway in first gear, lifted the front wheel and went right through all the gears on the back wheel!!!!
Absolutely awesome - I can't believe how much of a difference it's made!

So my now current settings are:

Pilot Jet - 42
main jet - 178
Needle - CEK
Clip position - 3
Temperature - 20c-35c

As I said, i've only ridden up and down the road and will go for a better ride over the weekend to test it further but I'm very happy with it.

I'm thinking on the weekend i might put a 40 pilot jet in to see if it fixes the idle.

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post up their jetting settings as it's been so helpful for me to read about everyone elses experience. I'd also like to especially thank Pobit (Dave) for his huge amount of information posted on jetting. I still want to try the N3EG as Dave says it's the best so I may do that after i've used the CEK a little bit first.