Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:29 PM

Default Are GG more sensitive with jetting?

Are the Gassers more finicky about their jetting? Mine seems to be really sensitive to changes in temp and humidity. It seems that when I get my 06 DE300 spot on it changes next time I ride it. Example I was having some trouble with low end power and figured I was maybe a little rich. I went to a smaller pilot and it seemed too lean off idle. Went back on pilot and changed to a leaner needle. The thing seemed great and worked the best it ever had. It sat a couple of weeks (been really getting into the mtn biking thing) and when I got it out it seemed horribly rich. Was loading up big time and never cleaning out. I dropped the needle down as far as it would go and it was great again. Does anyone else have this problem? Its getting old. Using a b8egv I think, but never fouled a plug, even running rich in tight woods.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM

this is just a thought, web master would know better, but i have seen it mentioned that the seat were the needle sits gets worn and that will make jetting finicky and inconsistent. Rb-designs makes a replacement part, but keihin does not. maybe send webmaster a PM and see what he has to say, i think ive seen him mention this a few times.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
this is just a thought, web master would know better, but i have seen it mentioned that the seat were the needle sits gets worn and that will make jetting finicky and inconsistent. Rb-designs makes a replacement part, but keihin does not. maybe send webmaster a PM and see what he has to say, i think ive seen him mention this a few times.
You know, when I changed the needle the other day I had some trouble with the carb overflowing, just figured I didn't get something lined up just right and tore it back down and reassembled and it did OK, you might be onto something...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM

now when you say carb overflowing do you mean running extra fuel out of the fuel bowl? because that would be your fuel float, not what i was talking about. what i was talking about (and you may be better off calling R-b Designs) was where the needle goes into gets kindof eroded out, and creates an uneven area, making jetting finiky and nigh impossible. like i said, you may want to give webmaster a PM or call Rb designs, they would know more than i do, im just regurgitating information.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:08 PM

Wow, a 300 and jetting issues. lol This should be a sticky/RBDesigns ad.

The end solution is to go with RBDesigns GG300 mod pkg.. I no longer deal with what you describe. Join the RB club.
I know, you were fine before and you shouldn't need to mod the carb to get back to good.
Let it go and 'drink the water'.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
now when you say carb overflowing do you mean running extra fuel out of the fuel bowl? because that would be your fuel float, not what i was talking about. what i was talking about (and you may be better off calling R-b Designs) was where the needle goes into gets kindof eroded out, and creates an uneven area, making jetting finiky and nigh impossible. like i said, you may want to give webmaster a PM or call Rb designs, they would know more than i do, im just regurgitating information.
I thought you meant where the float needle seated. I did a bunch of riding today and dang they thing ran like a top! Best its ever been. I may sit tight and see what happens next time I ride. They only thing that worries me is I have it jetted pretty lean on paper, and if were to change again I might be running it kinda lean. Next couple of rides will be close to home, so we will see.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 PM

ya no, its were your needle from your slide seats into, it wears out, and makes jetting finiky, like i said, talk to rb designs if you cant get it right.