Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default 2010/2011 Reed spacer

Hey everyone,

Just had a quick read up regarding the reed spacer removal. How many people running the newer models have done this? Did you notice any significant improvement? Any jetting changes required? Have some bikes shipped with/without the spacer? Please note if you're using the 36mm or 38mm carb also. Whats the verdict?

Cheers, Jake

Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM

Hey mate!

I tried my 300 both with and without the spacer. I have found that the spacer gives the bike both more low end and more snap. I, in earler posts, initially thought that the bike came into the power sooner without the spacer. What I found over time was that the lower end was sligtly lacking and that the hit seemed sooner due to more of a difference between the two.

I am running the spacer and the V Force 3 cage as it came stock. 38mm carb, my bike came with the spacer. Jetting was the same for spacer/no spacer/Honda cage and spacer/ Honda cage no spacer.

I did however experiment with the Honda CR250r reed cage, Aktive fiberglass reeds and found that it ran good. Pretty much the same torque on the low end, but with more of an MX hit in the midrange.

I wound up taking it out and just ran the stock set up. I couldn't run the reed stops with the Honda cage because of the steep reed block angle. Overall, I think changing the jetting made a bigger difference than fooling with the reed cage stuff.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Cheers Bailey

Could have almost known you'd be the one who's tried this.. I won't bother changing it if it's going to give up any bottom end.. I agree the jetting makes massive differences.. I've (ahaha I crumbled).. I've currently got 42P N3EW#2 178M and am stoked with the performance.. I'd run like this forever but but but I did some reading and have convinced myself to try the needle that all the ktm hype is about.. Got an NEDW on order.. Will try it when I get around to it..
Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM

I have also tried it. The bolts that i took out were too long to go back. If you try you may need shorter bolts, i did. Cant speak to performance changes yet, carb was changed too and could not get that right. Sent carb to RB Designs and will report back in a week or two.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 AM

Typicaly removing the spacer should make the 300 a little more agressive as it comes into the midrange. I tried and never liked them in the 250, took too long to get on the pipe. A good setup in the 300 as it helps balance the crankcase volume for the bigger bore.